Saturday, November 6, 2010

Last Minute Wheatpaste Invasion... From the PAST

These are wheat pastes I had prepared before my original final exit from Montreal last April but never got a chance to put up. Obviously, I left it until the last night of my month long visit in Montreal this October to get rid of them and frantically ran up and down the alley taking pictures of the men in grey while my car was idling on the corner of St. Laurent and des Pins the next morning. At least I put them up right, cuz the whole point was they're supposed to be everywhere and blend in, and that they are. The little stencil girls I put up across the street from my old favorite apartment in Montreal. Heart. I screwed them up pretty good because a.) they were curing like crazy and b.) in my frenzy I didn't space them out properly... I mean, it was intentional... Serves me right, I deserve less street cred for I wheat pasting stencils.










OUTLAWED OWLS:

I had to take this post off due to some ''heat'' with my thankfully, x-landlord. So since efterblivet is lacking these days here's some filler till we get started again:

This is the new Nuit Blanche motivated silk screen-wheat paste experiment and this the first installation of wheat pasting. We wanted to wheat paste them all over the city. We had 713 colour owls and at least another 300 just black line drawing owls. We were going for coverage with numbers.

I put these up for the first time by myself at 3:30am on Wednesday night. The snow plower scared me but besides that easy compared to Argentina. There was a small problem with the wheat paste smearing the black ink so I switched to contact paper glue so the owls on the left look really shitty.
Close up.
Little cut out owls.


We printed 23 sheets of these, 5 layers, which equaled to technically 713 owls including the grouped together owls. I worked on this one with Amy, so there are two styles of owl.

1 comment:

  1. looks good toby. Way to keep up the last min styles. aka beograd 1993.

    ReplyDelete