Saturday, April 10, 2010

Expulsion

Finally! I have completed a screen print I'm actually happy with! My goal was effectiveness with simplicity, and I achieved it. This print is 5 layers, but two layers were used twice. There's a lot of black ink on black paper going on, and what might not be too apparent from the scan is that I used gloss. Gloss is the best thing ever invented. I made 60 copies cuz it's for this print exchange between Concordia and Emily Carr so that's stealing 44 of them away from me. I am a printing machine!




The subject matter is an idea I've had for like two years, conceived in Central America or Spain, I forget. I was waiting for the appropriate medium and composition to undertake it and I've previously done several spin offs of it. That's the story.


The Drawwwwing

No comments:

Post a Comment